Water pumps "Typhoon": an overview of the model range, device and operating rules
Bosna LG launches the Typhoon water pump, which differs from its analogues in maximum immersion depth and high performance. The unit is used to supply a private house from a well, well or open water source.
Consider the characteristics of the modifications of the Typhoon pump, describe the device, the principle of operation, features of the installation and operation of equipment. This information will be useful to those who are already using the unit or to those who are just thinking about buying pumping equipment.
The content of the article:
- Lineup and Specifications
- Device and principle of operation
- Preparing the pump for operation
- Installation and operation of the pump
- Typhoon Pumping Stations
- Adjustment of Typhoon Units
- Maintenance and Safety
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Lineup and Specifications
Bosna LG (Ukraine) produces three brands of submersible electric pumps for clean cold water "Typhoon" in a cast-iron cast-iron case. All water pumps of this series are designed to operate from an electric network with a voltage of 220 V. The water intake is lower, which requires hanging these pumps at a certain distance from the bottom.
The small diameter of 10 cm makes it possible to use all models in wells with a size of 12 cm or more. All Bosna LG equipment has a 12-month warranty. The pump comes with a coupling for connecting to a hose or pipe.
“Typhoon-1”: maximum head - 16 m
Electric pump “Typhoon-1” modifications BV-0.5-16-U5-M - a high-performance household appliance with an immersion depth of up to 16 m. The productivity of this pump with a maximum immersion depth of 35 l / min, with a depth of 3 m - 50 l / min. The pump unit is capable of pumping water from a depth of up to 8 m.
The equipment is equipped with a built-in overheat protection system and a two-channel water intake system for additional cooling of the case during operation.
“Typhoon-2”: maximum head - 90 m
Modification pump BV-0.25-40-U5M able to transport water to a distance of 90 m, which includes pumping from the wellbore, moving along horizontal and vertical sections of the water supply to the consumer. It can only be very expensive imported pumps.
The performance of the electric pump depends on the distance between it and the output:
- 90-80 m - 8 l / min;
- 40 m - 15 l / min;
- 10 m - 30 l / min;
- 5 m - 40l / min.
The pump is equipped with built-in thermal protection and a two-channel intake system for best cooling. This pump is the base for the Typhoon domestic pumping station manufactured by Bosna LG.
“Typhoon-3”: automation unit and maximum head - 90 m
Electric pump BV-0.25-40-U5M with UZN (device for protection against interference) - unique equipment for domestic use in conditions of unstable power supply. The unit is equipped with an UZN automation unit built into the power cord. UZN equalizes the voltage drops in the network in the range of 190-250 V to the working one.
Voltage drops do not affect the pump performance in any way, do not lead to its overheating and failure, which is especially important for gardeners with an unstable power supply system.
The pump starts up smoothly, it is of great importance, because starting currents for pumps of this type are quite large. The maximum immersion depth is 90 m, while the pump capacity is 8 l / min.
All Typhoon pumps are designed for continuous operation without stopping and have moisture resistance indicators IPx8 level.
Device and principle of operation
All modifications of the Typhoon water vibration pump include three main components:
- Vibration part. Consists of a shock absorber, diaphragm, clutch, rod. An anchor is located at one end of the stem, and a piston at the other. There is a certain distance between the shock absorber and the diaphragm, both elements guide the rod during operation of the electric pump and ensure its tightness, preventing water from entering the part of the housing where the electric drive is located.
- Water intake. It is a cavity at the top of which there is a glass with holes for the intake of pumped water and check valvepreventing backflow and in cases when the pump is turned off.
- Electric part. Consists of a core, two coils and a suction discharge pipe.These parts are located in the body and filled with a compound with fractions of quartz sand.
The compound fixes the electromagnet and isolates the windings of the coils, protecting them from the ingress of water. Quartz sand improves heat dissipation from the electric drive part.
The core is a U-shaped figure made of plates made of transformer steel. An enamel wire with a certain number of turns is insulated with a special varnish coating on the core.
The principle of operation is based on alternating current, which, with the help of a shock absorber, is converted into mechanical vibrations transmitted to the piston and anchor. Water enters the pump through the water intake openings and ends up in the chamber where the piston and valves are located.
Under the influence of vibrations, the piston begins to make reciprocating movements, creating a hydraulic shock in the glass with holes. The valves close the openings, and water is in the chamber, from where it is ejected under pressure through a two-channel system into the outlet discharge pipe.
Preparing the pump for operation
To commission the Typhoon electric pumps it is necessary to:
- Connect the hose to the outlet discharge pipe using the included coupler. To do this, screw the coupling half tightly onto the pipe thread, and then install the pipe section into the hose. Attach the coupling half, sleeve and rubber ring to the end of the hose, and then push the hose all the way in. Instead of a hose, 3/4 ″ plastic pipes can be used.
- The Typhoon pump is connected to the water supply system only through a flexible reinforced hose. The diameter of the hose must match the size of the pipes. The use of a reinforced hose of a smaller diameter to increase the pressure is not allowed, as this will create a significant burden on the working pump.
- A nylon cord must be inserted into the existing eyelets (fixtures) for hanging the unit. The assembly that will fasten the cord is best positioned at a distance of at least 10-15 cm from the holes of the suction cup to prevent the cord from getting into the pump.
- The length of the power supply cable at the Typhoon pumps is a maximum of 10 m. If this length is not enough, it is necessary to use a moisture-proof extension cord. It is forbidden to increase the power cable yourself!
- Fasten the electric cable, hose and nylon cord together using clamps or regular electrical tape every 1-1.5 m.
- Lower the pump into water so that the power cable does not stretch too much and secure it to a holding device, such as a well beam. When installing the equipment in the well, it is necessary to put on the unit rubber rings before launching.
When mounting the pump, it is advisable to melt the ends of the cord. For suspension in workings and sources of vibrational modifications with the Typhoon logo, a steel cable cannot be used. From constant vibration, it will collapse.
The Typhoon pump must be suspended so that during operation it does not touch the walls and bottom. The distance from the water intake to the bottom should be at least 40 cm.
Installation and operation of the pump
The electric pump "Typhoon" can be installed in the well with a diameter of more than 12 m, in an open reservoir or in a well.
Features of operation of electric pumps "Typhoon":
- The equipment does not need lubrication and preliminary priming; it starts work on pumping liquid instantly after start-up. It is not allowed to turn on the pumps of the Typhoon series without first immersing them in water!
- Electric pumps are designed for long continuous operation, including in winter. Raising equipment to the surface is only necessary for maintenance or routine inspection.
- The pump is turned on / off only when using a plug or a bipolar switch. When the protection system is activated, there is no need to restart the pump; when the parameters are normalized, the unit starts up in automatic mode.
- During operation, the body of the electric pump must not hit the walls of the well or well. If this happens, it is necessary to raise the pump and reinstall it so as to avoid shock.
- When operating an electric pump in winter, it should be remembered that the depth of its immersion should be lower than the depth of freezing of soil in the region. Considering that the optimal level for Typhoon units is 3 m from the water mirror, this pump can be freely used all year round.
“Typhoon-2” can work as part of household pumping station, which is very convenient to use for irrigation and water supply of a private house.
Typhoon Pumping Stations
Unlike conventional pumping stations, which consist of accumulator, a pressure switch, pressure gauge and various connecting fittings, the Typhoon station consists of a Typhoon-2 high-performance electric pump and an electronic control unit that allows you to control the pump in automatic mode.
The Typhoon-2 water pump is connected via the controller, resulting in a complete pumping station capable of providing private house water supply.
Typhoon pumping station maintains constant pressure in the water supply system, without changing the pressure and performance. The controller also provides a smooth start-up of the pump, which reduces the risk of water hammer and pump overload.
The device allows for multiple shutdown / shutdown of the pump, without reducing its service life.
The pump, which is part of the pumping station, is reliably protected from dry running if the water in the water source runs out. The controller will automatically shut down the unit, and when the normal water level is restored, it will automatically turn on.
If the voltage in the mains rises above 250 V, the pump also automatically shuts off.
Connecting the controller is very simple: you need to connect the plug of the power cable of the Typhoon-2 pump to the socket of the electric pump control unit and the pipe that transfers pressure to the pressure pipe from the pump to the water consumer. You can connect the controller yourself without involving a specialist.
Adjustment of Typhoon Units
Like other vibrating electric pumps, “Typhoons” need adjustment in order for the equipment to work with the required parameters. Adjustment is the selection of the optimal distance between the armature and the core, as well as between the valves and the working piston.
To set the working gap between the core and the anchor, it is necessary that the voltage in the mains is exactly 220 V. This can be achieved using the mains stabilizer. Low voltage reduces the performance and pressure characteristics of the vibrating pump, and increased voltage leads to excessive load.
On average, the gap between the core and the armature for normal operation of the unit is 4.3-5 mm. If you have special tools, you can independently adjust this indicator, however, given the complexity of disassembling and reassembling the electric drive part of the pump, it is better to entrust this adjustment to the specialists of the service center.
You can independently adjust the position of the washers on the rod located between the armature and the shock absorber. Washers are responsible for the performance characteristics of the electric pump, as well as for its efficiency.
By adding washers, you get better performance. It is important not to fix the washers too close to each other, as this will lead to the collision of the anchor and core.
Washers that are under the piston are responsible for the total pressure of the pump by acting on the working piston. If you add the washers here, then the piston will fit more tightly and the pressure will increase, reducing the washers - we reduce the pressure.
By adjusting it is possible to achieve optimal performance of the Typhoon electric pump, for example, to reduce the pressure, while increasing productivity and efficiency.
Maintenance and Safety
Maintenance of the Typhoon electric pump includes a periodic inspection, which is carried out every 100 hours of operation. While the equipment is under warranty service, disassembling the pump yourself is prohibited.
In the post-warranty period, you can do the replacement of worn parts with your own hands. Most often the piston and valves need this. To replace them, disassemble the pump in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Also, often the owners of the Typhoon pumps are faced with a blockage of inlets on the glass. Clogging can be eliminated by cleaning the holes with a thin blunt tool. This must be done carefully so as not to damage the check valve.
It is forbidden to repair the power cable yourself!
For safe operation and smooth operation of the pump, the following rules must be observed:
- prevent the pump from working without immersion in water;
- Do not raise / lower, inspect a running pump;
- mains voltage should be as close as possible to 220 V;
- the temperature of the pumped water should not be higher than +35 ° C;
- The plug and the service outlet must be protected from moisture.
Before commissioning the Typhoon pumps, carefully read the manufacturer's instructions and follow its recommendations.
Alternative pumping equipment options and unit selection tips are provided in this article.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Overview of the electric pump "Typhoon-2":
Overview of the electric pump "Typhoon-3" with UZN:
Electric pumps of Ukrainian production "Typhoon" are characterized by high performance, and they have no analogues in terms of depth. The ratio of cost and quality for these pumps is the most optimal.
The equipment is perfect for those owners who are looking for an electric pump for year-round water supply of a private house from deep artesian wells or open water sources.
Do you have personal experience installing and operating a Typhoon pump? Do you want to share your impressions of its use or ask questions on the topic? Please leave comments - the feedback form is located below.