Ariston Hotpoint Dishwasher Errors: Error Codes and Their Solutions
The developers of Ariston Hotpoint dishwashers thought out not only the design, but also provided the ability to quickly identify failures in the operation of the equipment. Cars themselves signal the breakdown. The code displayed on the panel gives the owner the right to decide whether the service center or he himself will be engaged in repair. Convenient, right?
How errors of the Ariston Hotpoint dishwasher are determined, you will learn from the article presented by us. It describes in detail what the program laid down by the engineers warns about. It is thoroughly described what you can do on your own to correct the situation, and when it is better to contact the repairmen.
In the article we presented, we describe the intricacies of diagnostics, give advice on observing which the risk of breakdown and machine failure is sharply reduced. As a useful informative supplement, photos, video recommendations and reviews are given.
The content of the article:
Water intake or drain problems
The PMM Ariston provides a self-diagnosis system. As soon as the control module detects a malfunction, it immediately stops the execution of the program and displays a hint code.
Consider the most common mistakes - from easily removable to requiring specialist intervention.
AL01 - leak in the car
This code indicates a loss of tightness in the PMM connections. If you look inside the dishwasher, you will probably find water on the pallet and a pop-up “float”, which gave the control board a signal about a malfunction under the code 01.
On devices without a digital screen, the lights will wink: on machines with 4 programs, the first diode will blink, on a model with 6 modes, the third on the left.
What should be done:
- Unplug the appliance. If water is already on the floor - you need to act carefully so as not to step into a puddle.
- If the protection works when the tank is full, press the drain program and wait for the camera to empty.
- Turn off the water supply valve to the PMM.
- Inspect the gum on the door of the device, check the connection points of the hoses, the condition of the clamps and all available components. If you find a leak, try fixing the parts or updating the seals. Failed consumables, hoses and rubber are best replaced.
- In long-term operation, the cause of depressurization may be corrosion of the working chambers. Although Ariston Hotpoint models use high-strength steel, leaks are not ruled out. In this case, the worn-out places are treated with special sealants and soldering.
If you could not find the culprit on your own, you will have to call the master with a repair kit, which will carry out diagnostics and help establish the reason for the machine to stop.
AL02 - no water enters the machine
Machines with 4 modes without a display will be signaled by the blinking of the second diode on the left, and those designed for 6 by the fourth. The first thing to do with an error 02 - make sure that there is water in the system, but for some reason does not enter the device.
To do this, you can simply open the tap at the nearest point of water intake. It does not hurt to check the shutoff valve, if it is installed separately for the PMM.
Causes of Error 02 and their elimination:
- The system has low pressure, i.e. water flows from the tap under low pressure. Such a machine is not enough power, and it will not work. In this case, you just need to postpone washing the dishes until a normal flow appears.
- The door latch is broken, so the device does not start the program, so as not to cause a flood.
- The inlet filter or inlet hose is clogged with various impurities found in tap water. In this case, you need to unscrew the hose of the bay, make sure that it is not pinched and serviceable. Then rinse it and the protective net under good pressure.
- There is a problem with the feed valve. If the blockage is not detected, and water does not enter the machine, most likely the voltage necessary for its opening / closing has ceased to flow to the water supply valve. In 99%, the cause of such a breakdown is power surges. In this case, it is better to replace the part with a new one and connect the device through the stabilizer.
If the machine is under warranty, it is better to contact a service center to replace defective items.
Long-running machines have one of the frequent breakdowns under the code 01 may indicate wear of the fasteners in the internal spray system. Such a breakdown is easy to fix on your own.
To check the status of the system, you need:
- Remove the lower basket of the dishwasher - a lower sprayer is installed under it. Its blades must be unscrewed and removed.
- Now inspect the fastener - in fact, it is a plastic or metal ring on which there may be cracks or other damage. If problems are found out - it is better to replace the mount (and the sprayer itself) by unscrewing the old fasteners with the key, and then install a new holder.
- The upper sprinkler is attached to the upper basket. To get to it, you need to extend the tray, squeeze the stops and unscrew the rotating blades.
- Here you need to check the rubber sealing ring, the fastening nut and the water supply channel, if necessary, replace the broken elements and reassemble the system.
The reasons for the failure of parts most often become scale, the penetration of small objects or natural wear during active use. But such a repair is quite simple to do with your own hands, the main thing is to choose the exact matching parts for your PMM model.
AL03 and AL05 - drain or pump problems
Often the cause of the machine stopping is blockage from food debris on the dishes. If the drain hose, pump or pipe is clogged and the maximum allotted time for water discharge is exceeded.
The machine will signal numbers 03. In machines without a display, this will be the simultaneous wink of 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 diodes (for 4 and 6 programs, respectively).
In this case, you first need to make sure the hose is passable - it can simply be pinched or clogged with a “cork” of food waste, as a result of which the pump cannot push the waste water into the sewer.
If checking the filter and the hose did not solve the drain problem, the cause may be a malfunction of the drain pump. The condition of its connections and wiring is checked with a multimeter. If the voltage indicator is insufficient, the part requires replacement.
Also, the cause of problems with the drain may be:
- A break in the wiring leading to the pump - you need to “ring” and, if necessary, solder the contacts.
- Penetration of a small object into the impeller of the pump - the part is disassembled and the interference is eliminated by mechanical cleaning.
- Damage to the water level sensor or clogging of its tube - you need to check the voltage and, if necessary, clean the part.
- Problems in the operation of the pump triac on the control module - the element must be replaced with a new one.
- Incorrect drain hose connection. On some models, a special code is provided for this error. A14, which is displayed if the waste water, instead of going into the sewer, is returned to the machine.
The most difficult case is a failure in the board. But sometimes a problem can be solved with the help of a simple "resuscitation" of electronics - turn off the device, give 10-20 minutes to rest and reboot.
But even if this method worked, the failure can repeat at any time, so you should contact the repairmen from the service center for inspection and flashing of the board - perhaps the contacts have gone or you need to re-solder the module tracks.
With typical actions in case of failure of a dishwasher of any brand, drain dirty water will introduce the articlefully dedicated to this subject.
If you notice that the machine washes dishes with cold water - the problem most often lies in the malfunction of the heating system. Detecting a malfunction is simple: the appliance body remains cold throughout the entire cycle, and on the dishes themselves there are traces of fat, food and colored drinks, which are usually easily cleaned with warm water.
Possible errors and their interpretation:
- AL04 - A malfunction in the power supply circuit of the NTC temperature sensor. For machines without a display, this will be the signal of diode No. 3 or No. 5 (for 4 and 6 programs, respectively). In this case, disassembly of the machine, inspection and verification of voltage at the sensor contacts are required.
- AL08 - malfunction of the heating sensor (blinking 4 diodes). If the PMM signals a sensor malfunction, this does not mean that it has failed. The part may be loose on the tank, or there may be a break in the wiring in the circuit from the module to the sensor.
- AL10 - problems with the heater (simultaneous blinking of 2 and 4 or 4 and 6 diodes). The causes of malfunctions can be an open in the circuit of the wires leading to the heating element, a blown relay on the control module, or combustion of the heater itself. Such failures are common in hard water areas. In this case, you need to disassemble the machine, check the wiring, and possibly replace the heater or module.
Since the restoration of the heating system requires dismantling, disassembling the device and professional diagnostics, do not start it yourself without a decent experience with electronics. In this case, the most correct solution would be to contact the Ariston service center.
But sometimes malfunctions with the heating system can be the result of improper operation. For example, if the machine is improperly connected, it will constantly collect and drain water, without having to heat it.
Alas, such cases are not uncommon, if you entrust the installation of the PMM to an inexperienced master. The solution here is obvious - to dismantle and reconnect the device.
There are violations in the operation of the equipment, which the owner himself can fix without problems. Ways of doing DIY dishwasher repair described in our recommended article. In addition, the technical documentation for the equipment always provides a description of the simplest shortcomings and actions to address them.
Another easily fixable problem is the clogging of the filter, as a result of which the water circulation deteriorates and the heater simply does not turn on. Therefore, before contacting a service center, try to clean the filters, hoses and check this hunch.
Errors of the key elements of the device
Eliminating blockages and replacing worn out gaskets is a task that does not require special qualifications and special tools. But when the electronics or the main components of the device fail, you have to partially disassemble the machine and know how to properly dismantle and check its elements.
A serious malfunction in the dishwasher that requires the mandatory call of a master from a certified service department is an error 06 - disturbances in the power supply circuit of the bay valve.
The video will familiarize you with the features of determining and eliminating damage:
Complex failures, in which it is better to call the master:
- AL07, AL08, AL09 - errors in the operation of the control module.
- AL10 - problems with the heater or the electrics of the intake valve.
- AL11 - failure of the circulation pump, which supplies heated water to the spray system. If this part is broken, the machine will collect water, warm it, but at the washing stage it will turn off.
- AL99 - means that there is a break in the internal wiring or damage to the network cable. Requires checking all wires or replacing a control module.
If such errors occur, first clean the filters and reboot the system. If you know how to handle a multimeter - check the resistance of the thermistor, heater, circulation pump and intake valve.
But the problem of such failures is that any master on each of such errors will even randomly name a dozen possible breakdowns. Therefore, it is still better to conduct a complete diagnosis of the device.
The author of the video tells in detail about the causes and methods of eliminating breakdowns indicated by code numbers 10 and 11:
Ways to prevent dishwasher breakdowns
Although Ariston Hotpoint is a very reliable dishwasher, operational errors can also damage it. The technician will “notify” all types of possible malfunctions in a timely manner, you only need to understand nuances of decryption codesto determine the necessary and sufficient measures to eliminate the cause of a malfunction.
And in order not to become a regular customer of repair shops, you just need to follow operating rules and follow some tips that will extend the life of the equipment.
Recommendations for use:
- Ariston Hotpoint has filters that cleanse water from various impurities. To prevent clogging, they must be cleaned in a timely manner.
- It is recommended that a grease filter be installed at the sewer entrance to avoid external blockages.
- To facilitate the operation of the machine, wipe the dishes with a napkin before loading, removing food debris.
- If hard water flows in your water supply, use softening salts or install a special filter at the inlet to the PMM.
- Do not use soap, shampoos and other substances that are not intended for dishwashing equipment as detergents. For dishwashers only specialized detergents with characteristic low foaming.
- Do not overload the dishwasher with objects. The manufacturer's recommendations for loading dishwashergiven in the data sheet.
- After each start of the machine, rinse and dry the tablet cuvette.
- Install the cookware so that it does not touch or block the sprinklers.
And the last tip - at least once a month, arrange a “day of cleanliness” for your assistant, starting it at idle time along with a cleaning and disinfectant.
Conclusions on the topic
If you are good at repairing household appliances and are going to fix the malfunction of the dishwasher with your own hands, then you should try. True, there is a surefire way to avoid such troubles - compliance with operational rules.
The dishwasher Ariston Hotpoint is a faithful assistant who, with proper care and proper operation, serves without problems and breakdowns for many years. However, if you still encounter a problem with the electronics or the control module, it is better to contact a qualified technician right away without wasting time on independent experiments with the repair of equipment.
Want to talk about how the dishwasher code system helped you identify the cause of a malfunction in a timely manner? Have information to share with site visitors? Please write comments in the block below, post a photo on the topic of the article, ask questions.