How and what is the best to wash a white bath: effective industrial and folk compositions + valuable tips
Snow-white plumbing transforms the room. Each experienced hostess knows her own way to wash the bath, preserve its whiteness and restore its original shine. The choice of method largely depends on the material of manufacture of the font itself and the degree of its contamination.
We offer you to get acquainted with the most effective folk methods of cleaning different types of bathtubs, as well as learn how to choose household chemicals based on the nature of the pollution. Among the proposed options there is an optimal solution for any font.
The content of the article:
- Preparation for cleaning: important points
- Folk ways for different baths
- The choice of household chemicals: a review of tools
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Preparation for cleaning: important points
When thinking about how to better clean the bath, first of all, it is necessary to build on the type of coating. Different materials react in their own way to pollutants, household chemicals and the effects of alternative cleaners.
When choosing a cleaning method, it is necessary to take into account a number of points:
- It is better not to experiment with an acrylic bathtub so as not to damage the glossy topcoat. An unambiguous taboo is the use of metal brushes, brushes and hard-bristled washcloths. Banned and aggressive household chemicals.
- Some products are aimed at gentle cleaning. Such products are suitable for daily care and maintenance of the initial gloss of plumbing, but soft preparations will not be able to cope with ingrained pollution.
- Aggressive chemistry, used for other purposes, can destroy the enameled or acrylic coating in 3-4 applications.
More resistant to various influences is cast iron. However, here it is important to observe the measure. Acidic compounds should be used in dosage, and a metal brush should be discarded altogether.
Folk ways for different baths
Sometimes proven options over the years with the use of improvised tools help no worse than ready-made drugs purchased. The main selection criterion is the type of bath.
Cast iron font cleaning
Old baths during the operation are settled by many microcracks. The dirt quickly accumulates in scratches, therefore clean the bowl of cast iron often comes with considerable physical effort.
Expensive store tools can be replaced with improvised materials.
Among the most effective folk methods include:
- Soda. Combine baking soda and soda ash in equal proportions, apply the resulting composition to a damp coating. After half an hour, rub the surface with a washcloth with powder bleach and leave the “pulp” for another 40 minutes. After - rinse with water.
- Ammonia. Prepare a solution by combining ammonia with soda in a ratio of 1: 2, respectively. Rub the mixture into the walls of the bowl, rinse with warm water after half an hour.
- Vinegar. Prepare an acid solution from baking soda, washing liquid and vinegar, the ratio of the components is 2: 2: 1, respectively. Apply the mixture to dirty areas, rinse after 20 minutes. This method will help get rid of lime deposits.
Cast iron plumbing can be washed with ordinary washing powder.
After all the procedures, the font must be thoroughly rinsed with water, dried, wiped with a soft cloth.
If the surface is covered with a fine mesh of microcracks, then it is better restore the bath, since any cleaning will not give the desired effect.
Steel bath upgrade
This plumbing is more practical than acrylic models, but also afraid of abrasive powders. Besides, steel bath sensitive to high temperatures. This is important to consider when choosing household chemicals - the reagent should not heat up when it comes into contact with water.
Effective folk methods:
- Ammonia. It is necessary to prepare a liquid solution - add a spoonful of ammonia to a glass of water. Distribute the composition in a dry bowl. As a rule, after 10 minutes the mud residues are easily removed, it remains only to rinse the bath.
- Soda. Dilute the dry powder with water to a mushy state, apply the solution and leave for a while. After - gently wipe with a soft sponge, without rubbing the composition into the coating. Wash off with water.
Even using folk remedies, all manipulations should be carried out with gloves. Failure to comply with the proportions of the components can provoke a chemical burn.
A good option for daily care, removal of simple dirt - the usual dishwashing detergent.
Enamel bowl care
Very popular plumbing due to the affordable cost and low maintenance. The main rule of care - no hard brushes. Abrasives wash the enamel, make the coating rough, provoke the appearance of microcracks.
As a result, the aesthetics of the font deteriorate, the surface becomes unpleasant to the touch, and dirt is clogged faster in the formed pores.
Possible cleaning methods:
- Lemon. Treat the coating with a concentrated solution, rinse with clean water after 20-25 minutes.
- Ammonia and soap. Grind a whole bar of laundry soap, soak the chips in water - you should get a homogeneous liquid gruel. Fill the mixture with ammonia - 5 drops of ammonia are enough for 0.5 cups of soap. Process the enamel, after 15 minutes sponge and rinse.
In the struggle for the cleanliness of enameled plumbing, a proven method will help - baking soda.
After treatment with the mixture, the contaminants are easily separated from the coating. At the end of cleaning, rinse the bath with water.
Caring for polymer products can not be called very time-consuming. The main thing is not to use prohibited methods that can permanently damage the acrylic coating.
List of restrictions for acrylic care:
- hard brushing;
- the use of drugs with low-abrasive components - the powders will leave micro-scratches after themselves, the coating will lose its luster and become dull;
- the use of chlorine products - the chemical corrodes acrylic, the surface becomes rough;
- cleaning the font with solvents - oxalic acid, acetone are able to deform the upper shell of the bath.
The contact of the polymer font with formaldehydes and ammonia is highly undesirable.
Despite the wide list of restrictions for a delicate surface, suitable options were found from the arsenal of folk remedies:
- Lemon. Acid preserves the whiteness of acrylic and helps in removing yellow spots. Fill the bath with water and pour a lemon - 200 g of acid granules will be needed for 200 l. After 2 hours, drain the solution, clean the walls with a sponge and wipe dry.
- Toothpaste. Express cleaning of yellowness - apply a white cream composition with a layer of 1.5 mm. Wash the coating after 15-30 minutes. The exposure time depends on the nature of the contamination - the older the stain, the longer it takes to leave the paste.
- Vinegar. Moisten paper towels in vinegar, put on the coating and leave to soak for 2 hours. After - rinse thoroughly with water.
- Hydrogen peroxide. A radical way for emergency stain removal. Moisten a sponge in a solution of ammonia and peroxide (2: 1), rinse after 10 minutes. You can not increase the duration of the action.
The use of ammonia is necessary only in extreme cases. Frequent contact can ruin the acrylic coating.
Dilute soda with warm water, after dissolving the crystals add grated soap. Distribute the cream on the walls and bottom, rinse after half an hour. The composition can be supplemented with aromatic oil - the bath will not only shine, but will be filled with a pleasant smell.
The choice of household chemicals: a review of tools
The use of alternative methods takes time to prepare existing compositions. It is much simpler and often more effective to resort to household chemicals. Her choice should be based on the type of material used to make the bathroom and the nature of the contaminants.
Universal drugs for everyday use
In this group - funds intended for regular use.
Sanelit. Despite the affordable cost, the gel has proven itself perfectly. The tool with active oxygen and fruit acids copes with most of the contaminants: soapy streaks, limescale, rust.
Sanelit will cope with pollution on chrome products, ceramic tiles. There is no pungent odor; it is quite economical to use.
SunClean. Refers to the budget series of drugs. Liquid emulsion copes with rust, calcium soap. Due to the absence of abrasives, phosphates and acids in its composition, it is suitable for acrylic bathtubs, mirror and glass surfaces.
Luxus Professional. Easy to use and effective spray. High quality is confirmed by relevant certificates and user reviews.
Advantages of Luxus Professional:
- delicate care for enamel, acrylic;
- after spraying, it gradually thickens, flows down, forming an active cleaning layer on the coating;
- quick elimination of residual grease, dirt particles, soap, lime pollution.
The German drug justifies its cost. The product fights bacteria and freshens the air.
Good reviews received Tim Profi domestic producer Bas. The tool is designed for comprehensive care of plumbing from plastic, acrylic. Suitable for cleaning chrome, stainless coatings.
Heavy Artillery - Rust Removal
Conventional everyday products may not be sufficient to eliminate old stains, persistent rust, and calcium formations. It is necessary to choose a potent drug.
The best options for washing the old bath are white: Sanox gel and Cilit Bang.
Sanox gel. The strengthened formula of the composition quickly removes rusty streaks, calcareous deposits. The result will be noticeable in minutes. The tool returns whiteness and actively destroys pathogens of intestinal infections.
Apply aggressive gel only with gloves, the frequency of use - no more than once a week.
Cilit Bang. The advertised drug really very quickly copes with many complex pollution in the bathroom. Cilit Bang has a pungent smell, and among the main active ingredients is oxalic acid.
Return plumbing whiteness
In a separate group include funds that give the coating a shine and preserve the original whiteness.
Cif Ultre White. Mousse is in high demand due to its affordable cost and excellent whitening effect. The manufacturer used a new formula - the smallest cleaning granules are surrounded by bubbles that contribute to the rapid dissolution of contaminants.
Additional advantages: pleasant aroma, ease of application, removal of old stains and lime.
Bagi Acrylan. It has a multidirectional effect: removes mold, rust, plaque, kills pathogenic bacteria. Its undoubted advantage is the speed of action. Contaminations disappear in minutes, the bath becomes noticeably whiter.
Of the shortcomings of Bagi Acrylan, users note: high cost, the presence of surfactants in the composition.
Of the available funds, domestic helps quickly cope with yellowness Mr. Chister. The drug has an antifungal effect.
The most safe means
In families with small children or allergies, it is better to clean with hypoallergenic compounds. Such preparations have a biodegradable base and natural ingredients.
Frosch Green Grapes. The product is based on grape acid and tensides. Spray without pungent odor, the bottle is equipped with a childproof lock. Green grapes are often chosen by allergy sufferers, asthma sufferers, and green food enthusiasts.
Amway Bathroom Cleaner. A Belgian company specializes in developing safe household chemicals. As a part of not chlorine, acids - gel is suitable for removal of superficial daily pollution. The obsessive smell is absent.
Pasta Astonish. The main purpose is to clean kitchen surfaces. However, it is also actively used for the bathroom. The composition includes soap and soft abrasive components.
Pros of pasta:
- gentle and effective action;
- light citrus aroma;
- loyal price;
- profitability of use;
- compliance with European quality standards
Astonish paste is hard to find in a retail chain, but it is available for order online.
A review of the top ten bath cleaners with a description of their characteristics, pluses and minuses, as well as user reviews is given in this article.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Cleaning the enamel bath with improvised means:
Testing household chemicals for the care of cast-iron fixtures:
It is much easier to prevent the appearance of persistent contaminants than to remove them. It is enough to observe simple rules for the use of plumbing: do not wash bright linen in the bathroom, do not bathe animals, rinse the bowl after each use.
To maintain the initial gloss, it is necessary to clean once a week with a detergent of industrial or independent manufacture.
Share with your readers your secrets of maintaining a clean bath and preserving the initial gloss of plumbing. Please leave comments, ask questions about the topic of the article and participate in discussions - the feedback form is located below.