Gas heat generators for air heating: types and specifics of gas equipment
Agree that to heat a large room with a mini-boiler is very problematic and expensive. An excellent solution would be gas heat generators for air heating. These are boilers that use gas burning in the chamber as energy for heating the coolant.
The power of the unit allows you to heat a building with an area of up to 70 sq.m. in 10-15 minutes without wiring and batteries. The equipment is devoid of the disadvantages inherent in traditional coolants: heat loss during transportation, inertness, difficulties in adjustment, the possibility of leaks, regular repairs.
In this article, we will consider the design of gas-powered heat generators. We will analyze their advantages and disadvantages, and also help you choose the best heater. Based on our recommendations, you can easily find the right machine.
The content of the article:
- Design features of gas heat generators
- How does the heating system work?
- Advantages and disadvantages of equipment
- Varieties of gas heat generators
- How to choose a heat generator?
- Installation Requirements
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Design features of gas heat generators
Air heating is most effective in exhibition halls, production facilities, film studios, car washes, poultry farms, workshops, large private houses, etc.
Standard gas heat generator for operation air heating consists of several parts that interact with each other:
- Housing. All components of the generator are hidden in it. In its lower part there is an air inlet, and at the top a nozzle for already heated air.
- The combustion chamber. Here the fuel is burned, due to which the coolant is heated. It is located above the supply fan.
- Burner. The device provides compressed oxygen to the combustion chamber. Thanks to this, the combustion process is supported.
- Fan. It spreads heated air throughout the room. It is located behind the grill of the air inlet in the lower part of the housing.
- Metal heat exchanger. A compartment from which heated air is supplied to the outside. It is located above the combustion chamber.
- Hoods and filters. Limit the ingress of combustible gases into the room.
Air is supplied to the housing through a fan. Depression is generated in the area of the supply grille.
The pressure is concentrated opposite the combustion chamber. Due to the oxidation of liquefied or natural gas, the burner generates heat.
The energy from the burning gas is absorbed by a metal heat exchanger. As a result, air circulation in the housing is hindered, its speed is lost, but the temperature rises.
Without a heat exchanger, most of the energy from the burning gas would be wasted, and the efficiency of the burner would be less.
Such heat transfer heats the air to 40-60 ° C, after which it is fed into the room through a nozzle or bell, which are provided in the upper part of the housing.
The environmental friendliness of the equipment, as well as its safety, make it possible to use heat generators in everyday life. Another advantage is the absence of fluid moving through the pipes to convectors (to batteries). The heat generated heats the air, not the water. Thanks to this, the efficiency of the device reaches 95%.
How does the heating system work?
The fan blades trap air and direct it into the heat exchanger. Heated air flow circulates through the building, carrying out several cycles.
During the operation of the equipment there is no need to be afraid that the pipe will burst, and you will flood the neighbors, as is often the case with water heating systems. However, in the heat-generating device itself, sensors are provided that, in emergency situations (risk of breakage), stop the fuel supply.
Heated air is supplied into the room in several ways:
- Channelless. Warm air enters freely into the treated space. During circulation, it replaces the cold, which allows you to maintain temperature. The use of heating of this type is advisable in small rooms.
- Channel. By means of a duct system interconnected, heated air moves through the ducts, which makes it possible to heat several rooms at the same time. It is used for heating large buildings with separate rooms.
Stimulates the movement of the air mass of the fan or the forces of gravity. The heat generator can be installed indoors and out.
In order for the heating system to function correctly, a chimney must be correctly connected to the gas heat generator.
If the smoke channel is not installed correctly, it will often become clogged with soot growths. A narrowed and clogged chimney will poorly discharge toxic substances.
Advantages and disadvantages of equipment
The popularity of gas heat generators is associated with a number of advantages:
- gas is the most affordable and inexpensive type of fuel;
- the device heats not the heat carrier, but air, which makes it economical and safe;
- Efficiency - 95%, which allows heating a large area over an hour;
- thanks to the duct system, you can independently adjust the volume of the heated area;
- the ability to move the device;
- all processes are automated, as a result of which any user can control the system and manage its work;
- the device is also used for ventilation and conditioning of the building;
- in some models it is possible to change burners for liquefied and natural gas;
- there is no need to conduct a pipe system and install heating radiators, as a result, the cost of the system is reduced;
- the heat generator can be installed outside the heated building;
- simplicity and speed of installation.
Some consumers are frightened by the high cost of equipment, but the system pays off within one year.
Minor disadvantages are the need to obtain permits for the connection of gas equipment and the installation of the chimney.
Varieties of gas heat generators
In comparison with diesel, solid fuel and universal heat generators, gas equipment for air heating is most popular.
Devices differentiate in size and weight:
- mobile - convenient in transportation;
- stationary - are installed in one place.
Mobile models of gas heat generators are less popular because they require gas cylinders filled with liquefied mixtures of propane and butane. The brightest representative of portable heating equipment is heat gun.
Most often, heat guns are used for a one-time temperature increase at construction sites and in shopping malls. In everyday use in extreme cases (turning off the heating in the house).
Stationary models of gas heat generators can be:
- hinged - hang on brackets mounted in the walls;
- floor - are installed on the floor.
Wall-mounted models are used to heat small objects, their power usually does not exceed 35 kW. Outdoor equipment is recommended for heating small areas. Among the floor units there are models that can be mounted outside the building, i.e. outdoors.
Depending on the distribution of heated oxygen and the method of burning gas, the equipment is divided into:
For rooms with high ceilings, vertical devices are used, and with low ceilings, horizontal devices are used.
How to choose a heat generator?
When choosing heating equipment, you need to consider a lot of details. First of all, it is important to evaluate the area of the heated room. The larger the building, the more powerful the heat generator should be.
The heat capacity of the building is calculated by the formula:
p = V · ΔT · k / 860
p is the desired heat capacity;
V - heated area (height, length and width of the room are multiplied);
ΔT is the temperature difference in the building and beyond;
K - thermal insulation (indicators of the material used to insulate the building).
The indicators of the most commonly used materials:
- a double layer of brick - 1-1.9 W / m ° C;
- a single layer of brick - 2-2.9 W / m ° C;
- wood panels or corrugated board - 3-4 W / m ° C;
- modern heat and waterproofing - 0.6-0.9 W / m ° C.
The indicator of the number of kilocalories in kilowatts is 860. Generally accepted standards - for 1 kW of heat generator capacity, it is necessary from 30 cubic meters of injected air.
Knowing the value of heat capacity, you can choose equipment that can heat the entire area of the room.
Nuances when choosing a heat generator
Before purchasing heating equipment, you must:
- equip a chimney for the release of toxic gases;
- to consider a system of ventilation ducts for the circulation of heated air;
- using the formula to calculate the power of the device.
Having completed all these steps, you can safely go for the acquisition.
To select a high-quality model of a gas heat generator, you need to pay attention to the following nuances:
- type and design of the burner - relevant if a change of fuel may be required;
- Warranty card and data sheet - a guarantee of the purchase of original (non-defective) equipment;
- high-quality components - such equipment is more expensive, but its service life is much longer.
Given these factors, the selected heat generator will last for many years.
Tips for choosing reliable equipment
Following simple recommendations, you can avoid acquiring low-quality goods:
- It is better to make a purchase at certified points of sale. Often at wholesale bases and on the Internet under the guise of quality equipment they sell defective products. The trap is the halved cost.
- If it is not possible or you did not manage to calculate the required power of the device, then the consultants in the store will do it for you. To do this, you only need to know the area of the house, the height of the ceilings and the thickness of the walls. Having made the calculations, experts will offer the best model for your home.
- It is recommended to purchase brands that have positive reviews on the Internet. You can also find out in advance how the equipment behaves during operation and other features.
For home use, such models as Airmax D 28, Titan 25 (30, 35), Fuela, TG-7.5, Dragon 12 will be an ideal option.
To connect a gas heat generator for air heat supply at home, it is necessary to bring preparatory work and purchase:
- a flexible duct, which is a galvanized tube for circulating heated air;
- tees are needed to create an air line and pipe connection;
- for intake of cold air and supply of hot - grill;
- for tightness of trunk connections - aluminum tape;
- mounting hardware
Care should be taken in advance of the duct.
The ideal option is the design of airways - channels at the construction stage of the building.
To carry out the installation of heating in a finished house, you need to build false walls and suspended ceilings. In the resulting niches, pipes will be masked.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
The following video will familiarize you with additional information on the topic:
Gas heat generators for heating systems is a highly efficient and cost-effective solution. Due to safety, reliability and ease of operation, the use of equipment in residential buildings and production facilities is allowed.
If a gas heat generator is installed in your house, you have additional information about the advantages and disadvantages of the equipment or you know which generator is best to buy for heating a private house, share your experience and knowledge with readers in the comments.