Electric heating boilers: classification, selection recommendations and manufacturers overview
Installation of a heating boiler is an important stage in home improvement. If the equipment is selected correctly, then, regardless of weather conditions, comfortable temperature conditions will be maintained in the rooms.
Often in private homes put electric heating boilers. The devices are safe, easy to operate, and their performance depends on the choice of model.
In this material, we will understand the features of the operation of these devices, denote the criteria for choosing heating equipment, and announce the TOP-12 of the best manufacturers according to users.
The content of the article:
Features of the electric boiler
The main structural elements of an electric heating boiler are a tank and a heating element. Devices are equipped with control and automatic control systems.
Also, expansion tanks and circulation pumps.
Electric boilers have several advantages:
- Fire safety. Thanks to automatic control systems and the absence of open fire, the devices are safe. They do not emit toxic substances and products of combustion, are not able to explode.
- Convenience of installation. Neither a chimney nor ventilation is required for electrical equipment, which facilitates installation.
- High efficiency. Regardless of the type of heating device, all electric boilers are highly efficient.
- Compactness. Electrical appliances, especially mounted ones, take up little space.
- Nice design. Most modern models are stylistically versatile and look good in the interior.
Electric boilers are almost perfect - easy to operate, safe. Their only serious drawback is the high cost of electricity.Another caveat: residents of regions where there are frequent power outages, it is better to choose boilers that work from other sources of energy, or take care of buying additional heating appliances.
Classification criteria for heating appliances
There is a huge advantage in the variety of electric boilers: you can find a model that is ideally suited for specific operating conditions. At the same time, in order not to make a mistake, the buyer has to understand the nuances.
Electric heating equipment is classified according to several criteria, the main of which are:
- type of heating medium: heating elements, electrode, induction;
- location method: mounted (wall), floor;
- construction: single, bypass.
Heating electric boilers can differ in other parameters. For example, some manufacturers produce not only single-phase models (220 V), but also three-phase (380 V).
Also exist combined boilersin which, in addition to electricity, other sources of energy (firewood or gas) can be used.
Heating and electrode boilers are time-tested, reliable and will suit those home owners who are trying to find a model of decent quality at an affordable price.
Induction devices are more suitable for people who appreciate high-performance equipment and cutting-edge design. Their advantage is freedom of choice. coolant: boilers can be connected to heating systems with anti-freezing fluid.
Choosing between wall and floor boilers, you should decide on the space on which the device can be placed.
If you need a powerful boiler, and the room is spacious, you should give preference to the floor model, and for houses with an area of up to 100 sq.m. You can choose the wall.
Any type of electric water-heating boiler has advantages and limitations in use, therefore, devices should be selected based on their own needs, priorities and features of the operation of heating equipment.
The nuances of choosing the right model
Electricity is an expensive energy resource. If the boiler is not picked up correctly, you will have to pay huge electricity bills.
Therefore, it makes sense to pay attention to some nuances:
- Functions device. It is necessary to determine what functions the boiler should perform - only heat the house or additionally supply it with hot water.
- Technical indicators boiler. Be sure to take into account not only the heated area, but also the degree of its thermal insulation.
- Price. In many ways, the cost of heating devices depends on the power, but this is not all. Additional features can lead to a significant increase in the cost of the model. Therefore, you need to clearly understand whether the budget allows you to overpay for convenience.
Before starting the search for the boiler, you should find out how powerful it should be.
You can calculate the power, focusing on averaged indicators: 1 kW of electricity is enough to heat a room of 10 square meters. with a ceiling height of up to 3 m. It turns out that for heating a small house with an area of 60 m, a device with a capacity of 6 kW is suitable.
It is advisable to take into account the degree of thermal insulation and buy a boiler with a small margin of power (20%). If the house is poorly insulated, it is better to choose a gas or solid fuel modelbecause heating with electricity will be too expensive.
What will help to save on heating?
There are several devices that help reduce energy consumption and reduce the cost of heating a house:
- Thermostats. Heating boilers equipped with thermostats do not overheat the room, but at the same time maintain the specified temperature regime.
- Programmers. Smart boilers regulate the room temperature according to a specific schedule. Although the boiler itself operates continuously, the heating element consumes electricity only 34% of this time. Read more about the arrangement of the heating system in a smart home here.
- Multi-stage power controllers. Thanks to automatic regulators, it is possible to use energy resources extremely rationally.
- Microprocessors. Devices smoothly regulate the power of boilers, and some devices can even be controlled remotely - from smartphones or other gadgets. Such models are expensive, but worth the money.
The energy consumption of an electric boiler is noticeably affected by the presence or absence of a circulation pump.
If it is not included in the model, it is advisable to purchase it separately and connect to the heating system.
When buying a boiler for a country house or cottage, you should pay attention to the anti-freeze protection systems of the coolant.
Top brands worth paying attention to
There are many different ratings based on real customer reviews, as well as the frequency of contacting service centers.
According to the results of surveys in 2017, the following brands were recognized as the best:
This rating lists manufacturers adhering to different pricing policies, but all the equipment is of good quality and has earned the trust of users.
Of the budget models, the RusNIT and Evan boilers are considered the best. Owners of large houses should pay attention to the brands ZOTA, Protherm, "Evan". Good equipment of medium power are produced by Vaillant, Kospel, Protherm, Buderus, Savit.
And for the premises of a small area, the equipment of the Sangay and Tenko brands is perfect.
The list of manufacturers of reliable heating equipment is not limited to rating companies. There are also other worthy brands.
Each buyer can find a model of a water-heating electric boiler, suitable for the price, quality, technical parameters.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
We offer video materials that will help to calculate the required power of an electric boiler, choose the right model and independently install a heating system.
Features of heating a house with electricity:
Calculation of boiler capacity taking into account Russian climatic zones:
Useful recommendations for choosing an electric boiler:
Tips for choosing single and dual circuit models:
Video instruction for self-installation of an electric boiler:
It is better to charge the installation of the boiler to a qualified electrician, but if you wish, you can mount the equipment independently. It is easy if you follow the instructions and follow the safety instructions. With proper operation, the boiler can last for decades.
The main thing is to carry out preventive examinations in a timely manner and eliminate minor problems until they become a problem.
If you have experience using electric heating boilers, please tell visitors of our site which model you have chosen. Are you satisfied with the operation of the device? Maybe there are some features in its use. Please leave your comments, share experiences, ask questions in the block under the article.