Overview of the septic tank “Sunrise”: characteristics, model range, installation rules
Cesspools are already very few people are happy with. The need for frequent professional cleaning is not their only drawback. Outdated technologies have been replaced by universal modular designs that allow organizing an autonomous sewage system on the site.
The most economical solution to the issue of household waste disposal is the Sunrise septic tank. The assets of the model: simple installation, unpretentiousness in care and a long service life.
In this material, we will tell you everything about the device and the principle of operation of the septic tank, outline its advantages and disadvantages, and also reveal the secrets of installing a septic tank on a site.
The content of the article:
- Device and principle of operation
- Advantages and disadvantages of the Sunrise model
- Characteristics of various modifications
- Installation technology for a septic tank
- Rules for the operation and maintenance of the septic tank
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Device and principle of operation
Septic tank is a key element of the local treatment complex. The main function of the unit is the accumulation and purification of effluents entering the sewer network of the house. The level of contamination removal and fluid filtration depends on the type of construction.
Septic Sunrise is a storage hermetic container with strong thick walls, which are reinforced with stiffeners. The cylindrical shape of the tank provides good resistance to soil pressure and reliable fixation.
In addition to the volumetric tank, the purifier kit includes:
- neck - the element is designed for pumping sludge;
- cap - closes the neck, protects the septic tank from the ingress of foreign objects, leaves, rainfall and snow;
- filter - located inside the drive, performs biological and mechanical cleaning.
The filter consists of many polymer fibers woven together. The cleaner is not subject to corrosion, oxidation and deformation. Filtering components hold stock substances of different fractions. Over time, organic matter undergoes a process of decay and breaks up into small particles.
Sunrise cleaning system is a classic sedimentation tank. The device uses the principle of separation of stock waste under the influence of gravity and the subsequent decomposition of organic substances by anaerobic bacteria - without the participation of oxygen.
Conventionally, the entire cleaning process can be divided into the following steps:
- Sewage from the house enters the sump by sewer pipe.
- Under the influence of gravity, the primary decomposition of waste into heavy and light particles is carried out. Sludge in the form of sediment falls to the bottom of the storage tank, and the suspension and fatty components float to the surface.
- Liquid with fine particles seeps through the biofilter and is diverted to additional soil post-treatment (drainage well, filtration field or infiltrator).
If the complex has two tanks, then the semi-purified water is drained through pipes into the next tank. Further, the cleaning process is repeated.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Sunrise model
The owners of summer cottages, houses and cottages using the Voskhod system note an impressive number of positive aspects and several negative points.
The advantages of a water purification system include:
- autonomy of work - a septic tank is independent of energy supply;
- high reliability and durability - the tank is designed very simply, there is practically nothing to break in the device;
- ease of installation - installation will succeed in doing it yourself;
- affordable pricing on the model "Sunrise".
Negative user reviews are usually associated with the wrong choice of volume of the cleaner or violation of the operating rules.
Instead of an absorption well for the natural drainage of treated sewage into the ground, an infiltrator is used or a filtration field is constructed from those laid in trenches drainage pipes. They perform functions similar to those of an absorption well, but the depth of their conditional bottom is much higher.
The choice of the type of construction for soil post-treatment is related to the level of ground water at the site. It should be noted that between the groundwater level (groundwater level) and the conditional bottom of the well, infiltrator or filtration field, there must be a thickness of soil with a thickness of at least 1 m.
Additional disadvantages of using a septic tank:
- during operation, some users noted the appearance of an unpleasant odor;
- It is advisable to insulate the cleaning complex for the winter period.
Like most autonomous sewer systems, Voskhod needs timely cleaning - removal of solid sludge. The cesspool machine is called every two to three years - the terms are individual and depend on operating conditions.
Characteristics of various modifications
Depending on the number of residents, the availability of plumbing equipment and appliances, and therefore on the volume of wastewater, a septic tank model is selected. Two modifications are presented on the market: Voskhod-1, Voskhod-2.
Sunrise 1 - single-chamber installation, designed to service a compact house, where no more than four people live. The volume of the tank is 1400 liters, the maximum allowable discharge of wastewater should not exceed 700 liters per day.
Sunrise 2 - A two-chamber model for 2000 liters. The volume of the tank is enough for a family of four to five people. The mass of the drive is 80 kg, the tank is designed for a fluid flow in the range - 800 l per day. The model provides overflow pipes connecting both containers. The movement of runoff water occurs by gravity - the outlet is located below the inlet.
Three-chamber model “Voskhod-3” with a capacity of 3000 liters is in less demand. Installation of a septic tank is complicated due to the large size and weight. It is advisable to use the volume tank for servicing a house where more than six people live.
Installation technology for a septic tank
Septic tanks Sunrise are installed on the same principle as similar models with soil post-treatment. Conventionally, the entire technological process consists of the following stages: choosing a place, preparing a pit, installing a tank, organizing soil post-treatment and supplying pipes.
Site selection: requirements according to SNiP
When determining the location of the Voskhod sedimentation tank, one should be guided by the norms indicated in SNiP: 2.04. 03-85, 2.04.01-85 and 2.04.04-84.
- The minimum permissible distance to a nearby flowing reservoir is 10 m, to a standing one - 30 m. The distance to a reservoir with drinking water is from 50 m.
- The distance from the drive with sewage to the trees, gas pipeline or road is at least 5 m, and to the border of the infield - 4 m. Shrubs can be planted no closer than 1 m from the tank.
- The distance between the cleaner and the foundation of the outbuilding should be from 1 m.This eliminates the risk of washing the structure during depressurization of the sump.
- 5 m should be retreated from the living room to the septic tank. This gap is due to sanitary safety, as well as the possible appearance of an unpleasant odor from the treatment plant.
However, it is not worthwhile to remove the sump at a great distance from the house. If the pipeline exceeds 15 m, then additional inspection wells will have to be installed.
When placing a septic tank, you should take into account the features of the terrain:
- The disposal system must be equipped on a hill - this will reduce the risk of flooding the septic tank with melt or rain water. At the same time, the tank level should be lower than the bathroom on the ground floor of the house.
- If a well or a well with drinking water is located on a slope in a section, the septic tank is installed lower along the direction of the slope.
In advance, it is necessary to provide for the free access of the sewage machine to the septic tank.
The standard length of the hose for pumping is 15 m. If the septic tank is located in the depth of the section, you can use the services of a suction pump equipped with a 40 m hose.
Sewage treatment plant installation
The list of necessary tools and materials:
- bayonet shovel - preparation of the pit and trenches;
- sand and crushed stone - the formation of a sand cushion;
- concrete slab - if the septic tank is installed in loam or clay;
- polyethylene - arrangement of a moisture protective layer.
The whole technological process is divided into several stages.
Step 1. Determine the optimal location for the installation of the sump and allocate a site for the organization of soil post-treatment. Mark the area.
Step 2 Dig a pit under the tank and trenches for laying sewer pipes.
Step 3 At this stage, it is necessary to prepare a site for arranging the removal of semi-purified liquid from the septic tank.The dimensions of the pit depend on the type of post-treatment system (drainage well, filtration field).
Step 4 Fill the foundation pit for the storage tank with sand - the layer thickness is about 20-30 cm. Tamp the sand cushion.
Step 5 Tamp the pipeline trench with a sand layer and install sewer pipes. Important to withstand slight biasso that the pipes do not become clogged during operation.
Step 6 To prevent deformation of the pipes, it is desirable to fill them with gravel. This measure is relevant if a load is assumed in the section above the PVC pipeline. For example, the arrangement of a parking lot, playground or patio.
Step 7 Inspect the septic tank, lower it into the pit and check the evenness - any distortions must be excluded.
Step 8 Connect the inlet and outlet pipes, fill the tank halfway with water and start backfilling. The work is carried out in stages, each layer is carefully rammed. For backfilling, you can use the earth or a dry mixture from excavated soil, river or quarry sand and cement.
Organization of soil aftertreatment
A feature of the Voskhod septic tank is the need to arrange additional filtration of waste fluid.
Methods of implementing soil treatment:
- drainage well;
- filtering ditches;
- filtering field.
Drainage well. The option is suitable for personal plots with well-drained soil (sand, gravel, gravel). An outlet pipe is laid from the main cleaner, through which fluid enters the well with filter components.
The construction is made of monolithic reinforced concrete, brick or stone. If necessary, holes are distributed in the device for additional lateral drainage at the bottom of the well (about 1 m), the total area of which is 10-12% of the total wall area. The outlet pipe from the septic tank is brought to the installation at a distance of half a meter from the bottom filter. The depth of the well depends on the volume of wastewater entering it.
Features of the drainage well:
- the conditional bottom of the structure should rise above the highest groundwater level by at least 1 m;
- if when digging a trench at a depth of 2.5 m, sand, gravel deposits or similar soil with high filtration properties were not found, another method of soil post-treatment should be preferred;
- the efficiency of complex cleaning, coupled with soil processing - 98-100%.
An inexpensive, but quick and convenient way to design a soil aftertreatment system is installation of infiltrators:
If there is a pond or ravine near the suburban area, into which it is possible to organize the discharge of purified liquid, filter ditches.
Their depth depends on the level of installation of the pipe leaving the septic tank. At the surface of the earth, the width of the ditch is 80-100 cm, and below it is 50 cm. The length of the ditch is selected based on: 1 m of trench per 60 liters of sewage per day. The trench is filled with filtering material: sand, gravel, and gravel.
Features of the design and operation of the system of soil treatment system:
- "Perforated tubes" are placed with a slope in the direction of flow of 2 - 3 mm per meter;
- purified water flows through a drainage pipe into the nearest ravine or body of water;
- the size of the holes in the pipeline is 4-7 mm, the perforation pitch is 10-20 cm;
- cleaning efficiency - up to 98%.
Underground filtration field. A network of drainage trenches equipped with a sand and gravel pad. Unlike filter ditches, perforated field pipes - drains are stacked in one tier. When seeping through the holes, water from the septic tank passes after-treatment, and after that the purified liquid enters the environment.
The need for insulation of the septic tank and pipeline
Standards and requirements for the installation of a plastic septic tank "Sunrise" imply year-round operation of the installation without the use of additional means of insulation.
The tank dives deep enough that eliminates icing of water. A network of sewer pipes is placed on a slope - this prevents stagnation of water and the appearance of ice plugs. In addition, the flow of wastewater and the fermentation process in the sump contributes to the release of heat.
However, even with the installation technology, there is a risk of accidents.
- Seasonal use of sewage systems with periods of “stagnation” can cause freezing of liquid in the tank. The problem is especially true for "country" septic tanks.
- The depth of freezing of the soil is an average value. There is no guarantee that the coming winter will not be very harsh.
- Local deformation of the soil due to frost heaving can affect the slope of the pipeline in a separate section. This is fraught with stagnation of water and the formation of ice.
It is better to play it safe and insulate the septic tank at the stage of its installation. As a heat insulator, mineral wool, expanded clay, expanded polystyrene and extruded polystyrene foam are suitable.
A better material is polystyrene foam. The minimum moisture absorption and high strength made it popular when septic tanks are insulated.
Thermal insulation of the supply pipes is carried out with mineral wool or any pipe insulation. An alternative way is heating cables.
Rules for the operation and maintenance of the septic tank
To ensure efficient operation, extend service life and reduce the cost of cleaning the septic tank, it is important to follow the rules for its operation:
- It is forbidden to dump into the sewer transporting waste waste: the remains of cement, construction waste, plastic bags, medicines (especially antibiotics), machine oil.
- It is advisable to use biodegradable household products for washing and washing dishes. Such goods are marked "BR".
- To avoid clogging of pipes and problems with pumping sludge, use water-soluble toilet paper.
To improve the degree of purification, biological products can be added to the Voskhod septic tank. Concentrated products contain colonies of bacteria that accelerate the decomposition of organics.
Timely cleaning of the septic tank extends the life of the soil post-treatment systems. With the stable use of the refining complex, a complete replacement of the filtering components (gravel and gravel) is performed every 10 years.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Step-by-step installation of a septic tank in high groundwater conditions:
Septic Sunrise is an affordable and practical solution for organizing an autonomous sewer system. The device is distinguished by its simplicity and unpretentiousness of service. Having studied the norms for the placement of the sump and sorted out the technological requirements for its installation, it is possible to mount the septic tank yourself, without the involvement of specialists.
Still have questions about the topic of the article? Or do you already have experience using the Sunrise septic tank and can you share your experiences? Please tell visitors of our site what model of septic tank did you choose? Leave your comments, ask questions, share experiences in the block below.