Rules for the operation of gas equipment in residential buildings: measures and standards for safe use
One of the main sources of energy today is gas. It is characterized by a high combustion temperature, environmental priorities and low cost. However, blue fuel is fraught with danger. When mixed with air, it becomes explosive.
Gas is widely used in the production of numerous polymer products, and serves as an energy supplier for heating commercial facilities. We constantly encounter its use in everyday life, therefore, it is very important to comply with the rules for the operation of gas equipment in residential buildings.
How to use gas appliances correctly and what is strictly forbidden to do, you will learn from our article. Here you will find information on how to act in the event of a gas leak, how often and who should check the gas equipment, for what violations the gas service can turn off the supply of blue fuel.
The content of the article:
Instructions for use for gas appliances
According to the rules for operating gas equipment installed in residential buildings, all consumers of natural gas must monitor the proper operation of gas appliances.
Responsibilities of homeowners include the need to check ventilation and the chimney, as well as arrange access to the room where equipment is installed that belongs to the local structure of GorGaz.
General requirements for the operation of gas appliances:
- if there is a smell of gas in the room, the use of devices urgently needs to turn off the tap, open the window, leave the gasified room and call the gas emergency special service (it is forbidden to smoke, turn on the lights (!) and other electrical appliances);
- it is forbidden to gasify homes and repair gas equipment on their own and without permits;
- it is unacceptable to glue ventilation ducts, pockets and “hatches” for cleaning chimneys, to transfer or “brick up” ventilation systems;
- it is forbidden to operate gas equipment with closed windows, lack of ventilation, as well as draft in the chimney;
- it is strictly forbidden to use the equipment for children under 14 years of age, persons intoxicated, incapable, not familiar with the rules of operation of gas appliances;
- leave unattended operating devices;
- it is unacceptable to load the gas pipeline (to attach ropes for drying clothes to it).
It is strictly forbidden to independently search for the source of the leak. If you smell gas in the room, the first thing you need to do is shut off the supply of blue fuel and turn off all electrical appliances.
Urgently call a gas emergency gang or rescue service. Warn neighbors about the situation and leave the room.
Gas stove operation requirements
Before using a gas stove, you should familiarize yourself with the rules for its safe operation.
The main conditions for the proper operation of the gas stove:
- the room in which the food is prepared should be well ventilated;
- the work of the stove should always be monitored (it is forbidden to leave an open flame unattended);
- after the end of operation, it is necessary to shut off the gas supply;
- Before using the equipment, bring the flame source to the burner and only after turning on the supply of blue fuel;
- operation of the equipment should be stopped if: the flame is not visible in all openings, the color of the fire differs from bluish-violet, detachments of flames are observed.
The condition of the gas stove should be checked regularly (should be carried out by a gas service specialist). It is forbidden to repair the gas stove yourself.
GOST 33998-2016 states that cleaning of all parts of gas cooking equipment should be as easy as possible. The use of dismantling tools is not permitted. After cleaning, all parts must be in place.
Thermostats, taps and fuses must be installed in such a way as to ensure ease of maintenance and adjustment. The user cannot dismantle some parts on his own (nozzle). For this work, you need to call a specialist.
Norms of use of a geyser
A prerequisite for the installation of equipment is the presence of an extract from the ceiling, which will provide unhindered access of air to the room.
Conditions for proper use:
- Before using the device, you need to make sure that there is traction (verification is carried out by a lit match)
- you must first open the window;
- after the column is turned on, again you need to make sure that there is traction;
- control the temperature of the water;
- Do not start the system unnecessarily;
- It is forbidden to admit children and untrained people to the equipment.
In case of insufficient traction it is forbidden to use the column. Do not use equipment with reverse draft.
Sealing the room where the equipment is installed is unacceptable. Do not leave the gas valve open if the pilot burner is not lit. It is necessary to monitor the flow heater with a burning burner.
Ensuring safe operation of the gas boiler
The ignitor can be ignited if there is draft in the chimney.When it is on, open the faucet on the main burner and light it. If the burner flame goes out, turn off the gas supply. Repeat all operations again. After switching on the burner, the draft must be checked again.
Operation of a gas boiler with faulty automation is prohibited. To prevent carbon monoxide from entering the living area, check regularly. ventilation for gas boilerwhose channels can clog with soot.
How to use a gas boiler is specified in safety regulations, compliance with which is mandatory for all owners of autonomous heating systems.
The following conditions must be met:
- during operation of the equipment the window must be open;
- Before igniting the boiler, you need to open the gate valve of the chimney;
- check the traction before ignition;
- Check the chimney regularly (masonry damage, freezing and foreign objects can reduce draft).
Do not forget to prepare equipment in advance for work in the cold season. In winter, when sharp temperature fluctuations are frequent, you need to carefully monitor gas appliances in which a chimney is used to exhaust combustion products.
During snowfall, rain, fog, strong winds, draft may disappear or reverse draft will appear, which leads to carbon monoxide entering the room and poisoning its residents.
New rules for the use of gas in residential premises
All residents of apartment buildings are required to listen to instructions on safety measures during the operation of gas equipment. The event is held after the conclusion of the contract with representatives of GorGaz. Also, the briefing is repeated after each scheduled inspection.
Residents must provide access to the premises where gas equipment is installed at any time. Otherwise, you will have to pay a considerable fine. If there are no tenants in the house or apartment for more than 24 hours, the gas supply valve must be turned off.
Residents are required to:
- monitor the cleanliness of ventilation;
- before starting cooking, ventilate the room;
- Do not install flammable furniture close to the stove.
If there is a smell of gas in the room, immediately turn off the tap, open the windows and call the emergency service.
The new rules are valid from May 9, 2018.
Gas equipment check
According to the requirements of the housing code, to prevent emergency situations, possible leaks and failure of gas equipment, technical services conduct regular inspections. The homeowner is required to provide employees with unhindered access to study the condition of appliances.
For the safe operation of gas equipment available in residential buildings, verification standards have been established. Gas stoves need to be checked every three years, boilers and water heaters once a year. Defective and outdated equipment must be changed in a timely manner.
During the inspection, specialists should:
- check the tightness of the fasteners at all joints;
- make sure that there is no leak in the places where the gas pipeline connects to the gas shut-off point (if necessary, a liquid manometer can be used);
- make a visual inspection of the chimney and exhaust hoods in residential buildings;
- to check the quality of gas supply to stoves and water heaters;
- if necessary, adjust the intensity of the supply of blue fuel;
- check the operation of automation and electronic devices.
In case of serious violations, the service organization repairs the equipment, replacement of gas taps, sections of the pipeline. If breakdowns and emergencies occurred due to the fault of the owners, the gas supply may be interrupted.
Other possible causes of gas shutdown:
- the user independently carried out the installation of gas equipment (additional equipment);
- in case of malfunctions (poor ventilation, lack of exhaust, insufficient gas concentration);
- illegal connection to the gas supply network;
- an emergency has occurred;
- during the repair of gas pipelines or equipment;
- in the absence of an agreement with the gas service;
- debt for used blue fuel exceeds two billing periods;
- the consumer does not transmit data on the actual volume of gas used and impedes the work of regulatory authorities;
- equipment not fixed in the contract is used.
20 days before disconnecting from gas supply, the consumer must be informed by the gas service with which service contract. A notice must come in writing with a detailed explanation of the reasons.
Total gas shutdown per month for the purpose of repair work - 4 hours. If this condition is violated, for every extra hour the amount of payment for blue fuel should be reduced by 0.15%.
In case of emergency shutdown, gas can be shut off without warning for a maximum of one day. Gas is supplied within 48 hours. If the subscriber is turned off the gas for non-payment, the first notification is sent to him 40 days later, and the second 20 days before the shutdown.
About where, to whom and how to complain about the representatives of GorGaz, is described in detail in the next articlededicated to this important issue.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
How to use gas appliances in a living room:
The need to comply with the rules for the safe use of gas equipment:
Due to the fact that gas is a flammable combustible substance, increased requirements are put forward for the operation of gas appliances. According to the new rules, the responsibility for the state of gas equipment and ventilation lies with the owners and tenants of residential premises.
Residents must provide access to GORGaz employees and emergency services to the premises where the equipment is installed at any time. In the event of a gas leak, it is urgent to shut off the fuel supply, open the window and call the emergency service. It is forbidden to repair leaks and repair the equipment yourself.
If you have already been instructed, a check has taken place in your home, share your experience in the comments. Or maybe you are not happy with the work of GorGaz employees and do you have your own opinion on the rules for operating gas equipment? Share your thoughts with the readers in the form below.