The 10 best handheld portable gas analyzers: an overview of the best deals and selection tips
General well-being and performance are closely related to indoor air quality, because the concentration of attention directly depends on the percentage of carbon dioxide. And portable portable gas analyzers with high accuracy can determine even the smallest accumulation of harmful substances, including CO and CO2.
Mobile devices are necessarily used by rescuers of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, housing and communal services employees, but they will also be useful at home, especially in rooms where boilers, columns or stoves are operated. After all, the leakage of domestic gas is extremely dangerous - it can cause poisoning, asphyxiation and even an explosion, which is fraught with a threat to human life and health, as well as the destruction of housing and other material values.
In this article we have collected information about the design features, advantages and disadvantages of the best small-sized gas analyzers. It will supplement the information and rating of the highest quality and sought-after goods, as well as recommendations for choosing the suitable option, based on the individual requirements of the consumer. Themed photos and videos will support this information, with the help of which it will not be difficult to make a successful purchase.
The content of the article:
10 portable portable gas analyzers
Models for analysis of 1-2 gases
Compact and reliable device with convenient control
The flue gas analyzer equipped with two sensors - CO and O leads the rating.2. The kit includes a silicone hose, a fixed-cone sampling probe, plugs and dust filters. The inclusion of a portable gas analyzer in the State Register of Measuring Equipment allows it to be used for auditing and the provision of commercial services.
Built-in magnetic parts on the back of the device help secure it to a metal surface. Management is carried out through a convenient menu, which provides 4 measurement modes. Through the infrared communication channel, protocol printing is available on the printer.
The gas sensor is updated automatically, in just 30 seconds, which significantly increases the measurement speed. The two-line display is equipped with a backlight, you can read the results in a dark room. The memory of the device contains a list of types of fuel.
- weight - 700 g;
- operating temperature - from -5 to +45 ° С;
- power supply - recharged battery 1500 mAh, power supply 5V / 1A;
- duration of work - 10 hours;
- measured gaseous components - CO and O2;
- response time, sec - 60 (СО), 30 (O2);
- the error is for СО ± 1 (0 ... +100 ° C), ± 1.5 from meas. value (> 100 ° C); for O2 ±0,2%.
A high-precision gas analyzer is designed to measure the basic characteristics of boiler systems, it is also used by installers during commissioning in the heating system. Using the device, you can measure the flue gases when setting up the burners and draft in the chimney.
- Large display
- Powerful battery
- Compact dimensions
- Shock-resistant and wear-resistant housing
- There is no possibility to replace probes
- Explosion protection not provided
Another, no less successful model of the Testo brand, allows you to determine the maximum efficiency of the devices. The gas analyzer has a certificate of compliance with the requirements of the European standard. The measurement parameters are stored in the internal memory of the device, which eliminates the need for continuous documentation of a large number of checks and significantly increases the speed of work.
The measurement results are displayed on a high resolution display; a structured and clear menu is provided for control.
Instruments from the brand line can be used with additional probes. Locking on the swivel bracket is provided; replacement can be done without the use of auxiliary tools. There are several configuration options for gas analyzers - with carbon monoxide and oxygen sensors without H2 compensation, with a set of additional accessories, with gas sensors, with a manometer probe for wireless connection.
- weight - 573 g;
- operating temperature - from -5 to +45 ° С;
- power source - battery 1500 mAh, power supply 5V / 1A, it is possible to work from a 220V network;
- Duration of work - 10 hours without interruptions;
- measured gaseous components - CO and combustible gases;
- response time, sec - <40 (СО), <2 (combustible gases);
- error - for СО ± 0.2%; for flammable gases ± 10 from meas. value (0 ... 200 ppm), ± 20 from meas. value (201 ... 2000 ppm).
The gas analyzer helps to configure boilers, both water heating and heating, as well as other equipment that uses fuel - liquid, solid or gaseous.
Using the device, it is possible to minimize the amount of air emissions and enhance the safety of personnel whose workplace is in the boiler room.
- You can replace the sensor yourself
- Integrated sensor health monitoring system
- There is a function of saving up to 500 measurement protocols
- Wide range of modular probes
- Integrated condensate collector provided
- Frequent cell and filter replacement needed
- If set incorrectly, measurement values are distorted
- Short probe tube
Modern high-precision gas analyzer with LCD display
Megeon 08005 is equipped with a sound and light warning system, which is triggered when the maximum permissible gas concentration is reached. The display shows information about the level of power charge, the current and maximum value of the hazardous substance.
Bright backlight allows you to use the device in rooms with insufficient lighting. At a ten-minute idle time, the gas analyzer automatically shuts off.
The package includes a gas analyzer, a user manual and 2 AAA batteries.
The measuring range of the gas analyzer is 0 ~ 1000m.d. The exact concentration of carbon monoxide is determined by a special electronic sensor, the sound signal amplifies as its concentration increases.
- weight - 104 g;
- operating temperature - 0 ~ 50 ° C, 32-122 ° F;
- power supply - 5V AAA battery;
- Duration of work - continuous operation from one battery is more than 100 hours;
- measured gaseous components - CO;
- response time, sec - 60;
- the error is ± 5% (full scale), ± 10 ppm.
A portable gas analyzer can detect hazardous gas in the environment. The device is in demand in the coal, chemical, oil and metallurgical industries, as well as in everyday life and in various areas of production.
- Fast response when detecting an increase in the concentration of hazardous gas in the air
- Housing made of durable materials
- Low maintenance cost
- The battery is easy to replace
- There is no possibility of fixing the measuring sensor
- Frequent power supply replacement required
Inexpensive but highly functional infrared gas analyzer
This pocket gas analyzer is equipped with a connector for wireless data transmission. The model allows you to simultaneously evaluate the temperature and carbon dioxide index.
When exceeding the permissible value of WITH2, the device signals using visual and sound accompaniment, the signal volume is 80 dB.
Equipment can be used to control supply ventilation. With an increase in the concentration of the harmful substance, fresh air is supplied to the room.
Calibration must be done manually. The basic equipment includes software for working with a personal computer and a cable with a USB connector.
- weight - 200 g;
- operating temperature - from -10 to 60 ° С;
- power source - AA batteries (4 pcs);
- duration of work - autonomous work within 24 hours;
- measured gaseous components - CO2, temperature;
- response time, sec - 30 (CO2) 120 (temperature);
- accuracy - ± 50 ppm ± 5% (CO2), ± 0.6 ° C (temperature).
The versatility and reliability of the device allows it to be used in social institutions - schools, kindergartens, health centers, libraries. The gas analyzer is also in demand in other rooms, including automobile centers and even greenhouses.
- Presence of indication of discharge of batteries, retention of readings
- Signal Limits Adjustable
- A light weight
- Compact dimensions
- "Old" software, only 2 parameters can be selected at a time
- Recording all readings may take up to 3600 seconds.
Professional Bluetooth measuring device with calibration protocol
The gas analyzer determines the concentration of CO2 and CO in the environment. Principle of operation Testo 315-3 is based on direct and parallel measurement of the concentration of hazardous substances, their level is displayed.
Information is printed directly at the facility, it is possible to directly transmit data to the Testo 330 model flue gas analyzer.
Interface - infrared radiation and Bluetooth option. The gas analyzer is controlled by 4 buttons in a convenient order. Validation results are saved. The kit includes a charger and a special case that allows you to use the gas analyzer in the most adverse conditions.
- weight - 200 g;
- operating temperature - from 0 to 40 ° C;
- power source - rechargeable lithium battery;
- Duration of work - continuous work for 8 hours;
- measured gaseous components - CO2, CO;
- response time, sec - <120 (CO2) <120 (CO);
- the error is ± 8% of meas. value (4000 ... 6000 ppm) and ± 500 ppm (6000 ... 10000 ppm) for CO2, ± 3 ppm - up to 20 ppm; ± 5 ppm - from 20 ppm for CO.
The gas analyzer is suitable for measuring air parameters in rooms with installed heating equipment, in the kitchens of cafes and restaurants, in laundries.
Using the device, you can also check the ventilation system in the warehouses of the agricultural complex. Equipment will also be useful in residential buildings, offices, and enterprises.
- Wireless data function
- Reliable protection against shock and vibration
- Auto power off
- No additional verification costs
- Lack of alternative nutritional options
- The housing is uncomfortable in the hand
Models for analysis of 3 and more gases
High Precision Continuous Automatic
A key distinguishing feature of the measuring device is the ability to be equipped with a photoionization sensor to determine the amount of hydrocarbons. It is also possible to complete with an optical sensor, with which you can control the concentration of carbon dioxide.
The device is protected from shock and moisture, conveniently located in the hand. Buttons with additional coating are not contaminated. There are special clips and rings for attaching to clothes and hanging.
The gas analyzer is equipped with a self-diagnosis system that checks the ability to trigger alerts and the serviceability of the display. The screen displays information about the type of gas, the limits (including lower and upper) of the alarm thresholds. All information can be sent to a PC using a USB cable.
Alerts are carried out in several ways - through sound, light signals, indications displayed on the display, as well as vibration. The indication is triggered when the battery is insufficiently charged, errors in the operation of the sensor, or malfunction of the device itself.
- weight - 191 g;
- working temperature - from -40 to +55 ° C;
- power source - battery;
- operation time - from 20 hours for combustible gases, for total hydrocarbons - at least 8 hours;
- measured gaseous components - at choice: O2, toxic gases, including CO2, CO, total content of combustible gases, including CH4, C3H8, С6H14, volatile organic compounds at the MPC level in mg / m3;
- response time, sec - 15 for H2S, CO, O2; 20 for H2S; 30 for C6H14;
- the error is ± 5%.
This type of gas analyzer is in demand in the chemical, oil industry, the safety and accuracy of the device allows it to be used even in the food industry and housing and communal services.
- Low power consumption with integrated microprocessor controller
- Chips can be installed
- Explosion proof enclosure
- Availability of smart smart sensors
- Basic equipment does not include probes
- Expensive interchangeable sensors
New generation multi-component explosion-proof gas analyzer
The presence of infrared and photoionization sensors allows you to use the device to control a wide range of gases. The concentration of toxic substances is determined using an electromechanical sensor. Transfer of measurement results from the device memory to a PC is provided. Special equipment with portable sediment allows for forced sampling.
Alerts about a dangerous level of concentration of substances are received with the help of an audio signal, flashing indicators and vibration signals. The measurement results are available in real time, displayed on a liquid crystal display, about 15 thousand records are stored in the memory for events. Calibration is done automatically.
- weight - 350 g;
- working temperature - from -40 to +50 ° С;
- power source - battery;
- duration of work - at least 20 hours;
- measured gaseous components - the content of toxic gases, VOCs, oxygen and combustible gases in the atmosphere;
- response time, sec - 15 for CH, C3H8, H2S; 30 for C6H14;
- the error is ± 5%.
This type of gas analyzer is suitable for measuring the DVK and MPC of hydrocarbons at the enterprises of the petrochemical industry, and is also used at other industrial facilities.
- Multiple Alarm Levels
- A conclusion to the monitor of indication of the discharge of the power source
- Robust stainless steel fastener
- Regular sensor replacement required
- There is no possibility to work from a network
Modern gas analyzer with a short response and recovery time
Leader 02 is equipped with a function to protect the sensor from a high concentration of harmful substances. The internal memory of the device is designed for 2000 records, the measurement protocol can be transferred to a PC.
There are three types of alerts - sound, light, and vibration. Information about the level of gas concentration, the current state of the device is displayed on a modern LCD wide-angle display. Low energy consumption of the gas analyzer provides a modern 16-bit microprocessor controller.
The analyzer case is protected from falls and mechanical damage through the use of rubberized plastic. The concentration of the calibration gas is adjustable, and when turned on, the option of self-updating and diagnostics is launched. In large enterprises, where several employees can use one device, the function of setting a password is required to protect settings.
- weight - 0.365 g;
- operating temperature - from -40 ° С to +50 ° С;
- power source - a rechargeable lithium battery with a capacity of 2200 mAh, with a voltage of 3.7V;
- duration of work - at least 20 hours;
- measured gaseous components - CH4, C3H8, H2, maximum concentration limits for hydrocarbons (C1-C10), maximum concentration limits for toxic gases (H2S, CO, NH3, SO2) or oxygen (O2);
- response time, sec - 15;
- the error is ± 5%.
The versatility of the device has made it popular in many industrial enterprises of various kinds. In combination with a portable pump, the gas analyzer can be used to determine the level of explosive gases in hard-to-reach places.
- High precision and stability
- Ability to change the sensor and battery
- Sensor protection function against high concentrations of hazardous substances (for flammable gases)
- Long-term setting at low concentrations
Testo 330-2 LL
Ultra reliable gas analyzer and combustion process optimizer
The flue gas analyzer reports that the permissible concentration of hazardous substances has been exceeded by the graphical method, the image does not require explanation, a wide color palette simplifies the analysis of the measurement protocol.
As the main element for data processing, a matrix of flue gas components is used, which determines the values of CO and O2 in the acceptable range. The “thumb” symbol serves as an indicator of the status of the system; when the norm is exceeded, it points up.
The principle of operation of a portable gas analyzer is based on the provision of recommendations on adjusting the settings of the heating system. The function of zeroing the sensors and draft does not provide for removing the probe from the chimney.
The graphic color display has a high resolution of 240 x 320 pixels. For continuous measurements, a registration function is provided. The advanced model introduces new sections of the menu, including the ability to check the gas pipeline.
- weight - 600 g;
- working temperature - from -5 ... + 45 ° С;
- power source - battery;
- up to 9 hours
- measured gaseous components - О₂, СО (with Н₂-compensation), СО bottom (With Н₂-compensation), NO, СО₂ (calculation through О₂), СО (without Н₂-compensation);
- response time, sec - <20 for О₂; <60 for CO (with H₂ compensation); <40 for CO bottom (With H₂-compensation); <30 for NO; <40 for СО₂ (calculation through О₂); <60 for CO (without H₂ compensation);
- the error is ± 0.2% vol. for О₂; ± 10 ppm or ± 10% of var. value (0 ... 200 ppm), ± 20 ppm or ± 5% of var. value (201 ... 2000 ppm), ± 10% of var. value (2001 ... 8000 ppm) for CO (with Н₂-compensation); ± 2 ppm (0 ... 39.9 ppm), ± 5% of meas. value (40 ... 500 ppm) for CO bottom (With Н₂-compensation); ± 5 ppm (0 ... 100 ppm), ± 5% of meas. value (101 ... 2000 ppm), ± 10% of var. value (2001 ... 3000 ppm) for NO; ± 0.2% vol. for СО₂ (calculation through О₂); ± 20 ppm (0 ... 400 ppm), ± 5% of meas. value (401 ... 2000 ppm), ± 10% of var. value (2001 ... 4000 ppm) for СО (without Н₂-compensation).
The gas analyzer can be used in difficult conditions, with its help, the factory requirements of the gas burner manufacturer are checked, and the environmental impact is evaluated. It also helps control combustion products, including the surroundings of heating equipment.
- Ability to connect two optional sensors
- User can set fuel types
- Sensor service life - up to 6 years
- High price
- Self-replacement of the sensor by the user is not provided.
- No solid fuel mode
Full-featured model with continuous and reliable protection
The gas analyzer operates without interruptions in recharging the battery. To measure toxic gases or oxygen concentration, the device is equipped with an electrochemical sensor.
Warning about the increase in the level of the measured component is carried out using vibration and sound alarms, as well as visual support. The device is also equipped with free diffusion - unlike other models, you do not need to buy additional accessories for sampling.
No memory reprogramming is also provided, which protects the measurement protocol from unauthorized access. An additional layer of moisture and dirt is applied to the device case. The analyzer includes a digital liquid crystal display, an alarm indicator, a control button, a bracket, a sensor, and fasteners.
- weight - 100 g;
- working temperature - from-40 to +50 ° С;
- power source - lithium battery;
- duration of work - not less than 6000 hours;
- measured gaseous components - H2, CO, O₂;
- response time, sec - 15 for H2, CO; 10 for О₂;
- error - ± 15% for H2, CO; ± 5% for О₂.
The device equipped with explosion protection can be used in hazardous conditions - at the facilities of the chemical, oil and other industries where gas pollution or insufficient oxygen is allowed.
- Shockproof housing
- Illumination for measurements in poorly lit rooms
- Quick warm up sensor
- Difficult to find replacement parts
Recommendations for choosing a gas analyzer
In the market of individual gas analyzers a large number of both domestic and imported devices are presented. Almost all of them have permits, including the Certificate and Declaration of the Customs Union, but use them as devices that provideoperational safety gas equipment, as well as solid fuel and other things at home or in the working area is far from always convenient.
So, there are a number of criteria by which gas analyzers should be evaluated. Next, we consider them in order.
When choosing an analyzer, you should pay attention to such technical properties as the presence of several trigger thresholds alarm and temperature range environment for work. Built-in special connector allows you to connect the device to a personal computer.
We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with working principle gas analyzer.
Multichannel gas analyzers are more universal, with their help it is possible to determine the content of several substances, including combustible gas, oxygen, carbon monoxide and hydrogen sulfide. In addition, they are installed battery with greater energy consumption compared to single-channel devices, and battery speed very high.
There are significant advantages for devices designed to control one specific substance. Such a gas analyzer takes up little space, management of his work carried out with a single key, which significantly saves time, for example, when checking gas leakage. Speed up the process and the presence of modern sensors, response time is reduced when the sensors are located on the top and front of the device.
Equally important is also a type device performance - explosion proof or general industrial, as well as the possibility of use in hard to reach places. As practice shows, an integrated element for forced sampling, including a sensor or pumphas great reliability. When using the analyzer in wells or deep vessels, there is less chance of a malfunction caused by a breakdown of the remote sensor or cable breakage.
Basic equipment may not include chargers, sampling elements if they are not integrated into the gas analyzer, sample transport lines, auxiliary parts for reading information. It is necessary to check with the supplier beforehand. the price on a full set. Count possible repair cost and Maintenance. And also make sure that the supplier can order imported parts and will not send it to the direct manufacturer or dealer.
Gas analyzers can also be used at work sites. In such cases, the state verification.
Please note that for some manufacturers confirmation of conformity is not included in the mandatory service, and they are performed only for a fee.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
An interesting video about whether to save on gas analyzers:
The plot from an experienced representative of a manufacturer of gas equipment on whether a gas analyzer is needed:
The effectiveness of the gas analyzer in action can be assessed in the following video:
Health and even people's life often depend on the readings and the correct operation of the gas analyzer. Therefore, the issue of buying a device should be approached with maximum responsibility.
The given rating will allow you to quickly navigate the market for devices. The gas analyzer must necessarily be of high quality, multi-functional and appropriate to the room, otherwise you cannot be sure of the complete safety and accuracy of the readings. Consider all the above criteria and you will make the right choice.
Do you use a gas analyzer? To measure the concentration of which substances you purchased it, and have you encountered any difficulties in operation? Share your own experience, useful information and unique photos. You can also ask your questions in the block below the text.