Osram LED lamps: reviews, advantages and disadvantages, comparison with other manufacturers
The boom in LED lighting has brought many small and dishonest players to the market. Therefore, it is now better to buy only products of famous brands.
By purchasing Osram LED lamps, people get quality products from a German company with a century of history in the field of lighting.
In this material, we will consider the lineup of Osram LEDs and talk about their advantages and disadvantages according to users.
The content of the article:
Can I Trust Osram?
The very first incandescent lamps called Osram began to be produced in Germany in 1906.
One of the owners of the factories for their production has always been the concern Siemens, which at the moment owns 17% of the shares.
Osram AG shares the world-leading lighting product line with Philips.
The following devices comprise its product range:
- energy-saving fluorescent and LED lamps;
- electromagnetic ballasts;
- projection lamps;
- powerful LEDs;
- car lamps;
- optics for displays;
- sensors for the automotive industry;
- lighting control systems;
- endoscopic devices and more.
The best indicator of product reliability is the level of consumer demand. Osram LED lamps keep the world leadership not due to lack of competition or marketing, but due to maintaining high standards in the manufacture of lighting devices.
You can increase the reliability of lighting devices in the house using lamps and LED lamps of the same manufacturer. Osram company produces a full range of lighting equipment, ensuring maximum compatibility of its products according to electrical specifications.
When buying LED lamps from this manufacturer, there is no doubt in their reliability. The products pass strict European quality control on the production line, which allows only technically sound products to be released to stores.In addition, all lamps are certified in the country of sale, which makes the manufacturer responsible for eliminating defects or exchanging defective goods.
LED product lineup
Osram produces LED products for both domestic and industrial customers.
Its LED lamps are used to organize the following types of lighting:
- office and industrial;
- illumination of commercial equipment;
- lighting of entertainment venues and events: open parties, clubs, discos.
The work of the company immediately in all industries where lighting is required allows us to consolidate experience and continue to improve production technologies.
The latest developments of Osram LED products are:
- Automotive LEDs Osram LED Retrofits, the design of which uses a thermal management system. It allows you to stabilize the temperature and voltage, while maintaining the level of light output.
- T8 Substitube LED tube lamps with G13 socket, which are supplied with the starter. Their resource of 50,000 hours allows you to continuously shine for 6 years.
- ORBEOS light panels with organic LEDs. They have the form of solid surfaces emitting light based on multilayer structures.
- Golden Dragon Oval Plus, a powerful street LED with integrated silicone lenses, provides directional light with minimal diffusion.
- Noxlite Led Spot outdoor luminaires for outdoor lighting. The devices have built-in photosensors, a rotatable lamp unit and a four-point lighting system.
- LEDs for external lighting Duris S5, which when heated to 120 ° C reduce the luminous flux of only 17%.
These examples of Osram's advanced LED technology confirm its leadership in the lighting industry.
When choosing LED lamps for lighting an apartment or a house, it is recommended to give preference to technical innovations. Efficiency and resource of LEDs increase every year, so the latest released models are the most reliable.
Advantages and disadvantages of Osram
LED devices have many advantages, due to which they are gradually displacing products based on old technologies from the market. Therefore, Osram has already abandoned the production of incandescent lamps and is gradually reducing production volumes. fluorescent lights.
The main advantages of the products of this company are as follows:
- Cost-effectiveness. Osram LED lamps consume 10-11 times less electricity than incandescent lamps of a similar level.
- Durability. The term of continuous operation of Osram LEDs is calculated over the years, and by the end of the working period their efficiency is reduced by only 10-15%.
- High efficiency in comparison with analogues, which leads to less heat energy and lower heating of the electronic lamp unit during operation.
- Safety. If Osram LED lamps are damaged, hazardous sharp fragments do not form and mercury and other hazardous substances are not released into the air.
- Osram launches for its lamps compatible dimmers, allowing you to adjust the level of luminosity in an arbitrary mode.
- The light spectrum contains minimum ultraviolet and infrared radiation.
- Ability to operate in wide temperature range.
- Luminous panels open new opportunities for designers and engineers the interior.
- Compact size by reducing the heating of the lamps.
- Choice color temperature with other similar characteristics.
- Hardware tuning LED lamps work under various voltage ranges.
Osram LED products, having a lot of advantages, also have minor disadvantages.
Regardless of the efforts of engineers, LED lamps are not as versatile as we would like.
Their main disadvantages, which have not yet been overcome, are:
- The relative high cost of production. LEDs are 4-5 times more expensive than incandescent lamps, and Osram products still have a premium of 20-50% due to their high quality performance.
- Frosted flasks scatter the luminous flux, reducing the luster of crystal chandeliers. However, filament lamps with a transparent body began to appear.
- Decrease in luminosity and decrease in service life with regular overheating.
- Lamps may flicker unnoticed. This effect is not determined by the eye, but has a negative effect on the body.
- Unidirectional single LEDs, which complicates the design, if necessary, to illuminate the entire surrounding space.
- Blinking when connected to switches with indicator light.
Despite the disadvantages of LED-lamps, consumers continue to purchase them instead of burnt out light sources. A major role in the popularity of Osram LED lighting was played by the compatibility of their products with standard caps and the size of old devices.
When using LEDs, the problems associated with frequent replacement of lamps are also reduced.
Consumer reviews of lamps
Among the Osram products, car lamps are very popular, reviews of which are mostly positive. Users note good visibility during rain and a pleasant shade of light for the eyes. Although the life of Osram lamps, according to motorists, differs little from xenon headlights.
As for the operation of LED devices for domestic lighting, buyers note good luminosity, the absence of flicker and a large angle of distribution of the light flux. The minuses often include the price of products, which are slightly higher than competitors from China.
Osram LED lamps are not without the main disadvantage of LED lighting - incompatibility with indicator switches. A lot of users mention this inconvenience in the comments.
Widely used switches with a diode now confront people with the choice between cutting off the backlight and the comfortable use of LED lamps. The only acceptable solution to the problem remains the purchase of devices with LED, rather than resistor indication.
Another problem for Osram LED lamp buyers is the dishonesty of sellers in terms of service. The manufacturer guarantees the operation of the lamps for 3-5 years, and direct sellers of the goods often reduce this period to 1-2 years. This situation is unacceptable, therefore it is recommended to purchase Osram products in large networks that provide a full guarantee.
Thus, user preferences are on the side of the German company, and negative product ratings are due mainly to the general shortcomings of the LEDs.
Comparison of Osram with other manufacturers
The results of real testing and comparison of LED lamps from various manufacturers are interesting. For motorists, the competition between the two leaders, Osram and Philips, remains a favorite topic. In most cases, users prefer the Dutch company, whose products are more durable and efficient.
Below is a test of Osram Night Breaker Plus automotive lamps (bottom) and Philips Blue Vision Ultra (top) lamps with the same declared parameters.
A real comparison shows that the German manufacturer is inferior to its competitor in brightness and light output.
When testing LED lamps of the same power, Philips products come first in terms of luminous flux, although Osram ranks second among the five largest manufacturers.
In another comparison, the German manufacturer demonstrates consistency in accordance with the declared characteristics of the actual.
|The brand||Price||Power decl.||Power meas.||Equivalent declaration.||Equiv.||Shine. stream claim.||Shine. flow meas.||Color decl.||Color meas.|
When comparing LED lamps, their cost is also important, especially if the replacement of lighting is associated with economic reasons.
Test results show that Osram shares with Philips the global leadership in quality LED products. Each technological breakthrough brings one company or another to the first place.
Fierce competition forces Osram to improve its products, providing customers with reliable LED lamps.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Overview videos on Osram LED lamps will distinguish original products from counterfeit ones and make sure the breadth of the company's LED fixtures range.
LED ripple test:
How to distinguish fake Osram lamps:
Variety of LED lamps Osram:
The choice of LED lamps for domestic needs must be made only after a thorough analysis of their reliability, because sometimes even expensive models do not meet the declared characteristics. Osram is committed to being honest in this regard. Its LED-lamps are one of the best in the world and fully justify the cost of their purchase.
Do you have experience using Osram LED bulbs? Please tell us if you are satisfied with their work? Leave comments at the bottom of the article. You can ask questions there, and we will try to answer them promptly.